About Adventure Travel Pro
Given the widespread impact of COVID-19 on the Australian tourism & hospitality industry, over the next 6-12 months, Adventure Travel Pro will be partnering with local businesses to showcase adventure travel in Australia.
I hope to re-instill confidence for Australians to:
- Get out of the house and travel locally (“Travel here this year”)
- Try a new adventure / experience they haven’t done before
- Learn about local businesses that they can support and
- Inject fun & joy back into people’s lives following this tough time
Escape The Ordinary
To become one of Australia’s leading and most trusted Adventure Travel brands.
To empower people to step outside of their comfort zones and live adventurously by:
We’re also passionate about building a beautiful community focused on authentic connection and support.
At Adventure Travel Pro, we strive to support sustainable travel and give back to the community through:
- Volunteer work and
- Partnering with local businesses who contribute positively to the environment and their community
I found myself researching travel destinations ✈️, making travel itineraries and trying new extreme and adventure sports 🤿 in my free time.
After taking a big leap in my early 20’s to quit my job and backpack around the world for a year, I knew my life would be changed forever.
Since then, I’ve been drawn to create Adventure Travel Pro – a place to share what I learned and help others live more adventurously through travel and new experiences.
You can read more about my personal journey below.
How it All Started
A few years ago, I was in a similar position to many of you. I was working full-time in a good job, earning good money 💰 , but in a role and industry I had little passion for 👎🏽.
I’d sacrificed a lot to get to where I was, yet found myself continuously stressed, anxious and unhappy because of it.
From the outside, I looked successful and as though I’d achieved everything I ever wanted. 🏆
- ✅ I graduated high school with an ATAR score within the top 5% of all students in the state.
- ✅ I was offered a graduate position with a global company before I’d finished my University studies.
- ✅ Within the first 18 months of that grad program, I was promoted to a new role and relocated to Sydney (bypassing the second year of the program)
- ✅ I was on a $100K package at 23 years old, and
- ✅ By 24, I had almost saved enough money to put a deposit on a house
Now, don’t get me wrong… I don’t share any of this to brag but to more so highlight how in the eyes of “society”, I was well on my way to “success”.
BUT…Here’s what society didn’t see:
- ❌ I was a HUGE people pleaser and struggled to say no / set boundaries
- ❌ My job was becoming my life. I had little time for anything else.
- ❌ My anxiety and stress levels were through the roof
- ❌ I had low self-worth and diminishing confidence
- ❌ I was either single or in a toxic relationship (if you can even call it that)
- ❌ I felt like I had to maintain a “go, go, go” lifestyle which often led to burnout
- ❌ My perfectionism was getting worse
- ❌ I cared more about what other people thought of me, rather than what I thought of myself
- ❌ I felt conflicted because my career and money wasn’t giving me the fulfilment that I thought it would
- ❌ I felt like I’d become a shell of my true identity
I’d commute to and from work, observing all the other “worker-bees”, living a similar life to me:
- Wake up tired
- Spend 8+ hours a day at a job you don’t enjoy, but that pays the bills
- Get home exhausted
- Cook dinner
- Netflix & chill
- Sleep & repeat
During this point of my career, I’d often find myself wondering:
🤔 Is this it? Is this really what the rest of my life is going to look like?
Feeling constantly stressed, overworked, unfulfilled, run-down and emotionally unbalanced.
Things that once gave me joy weren’t anymore.
I felt unmotivated, stuck on a hamster wheel and was realising more and more that this pattern of life was no longer fulfilling me.
I wanted more.
Something critical had to change and although I was scared to face it, I knew exactly what I needed to do.
By this point, I knew that my next step was to either:
- 😇 Remain on the career path I had planned and buy a house (like every other “successful” person) OR
- 😈 Throw in the towel and go on one of the greatest adventures of my life
Well, you can probably guess which one I chose!
I decided to take a leap of faith and pursue my crave for adventure, quitting my corporate job to travel solo around the world for 12 months.
Although some people questioned my decision or could not understand why I would do such a thing, for once in my life I felt empowered and just didn’t care. I was doing this for me.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I sacrificed a lot to travel – especially when it came to my career and finances.
But by god, it was worth every second.
It was also the right path for me at that time given I was also single and had nothing to lose 😂.
My mission with Adventure Travel Pro is to show you that no matter the stage you’re at in life, you can always do things to bring more joy and spontaneity. Whether it’s by stepping outside of your comfort zone, travelling or simply living more adventurously each day.
Here are some cool things I've done throughout my travels:
- I’ve travelled solo through Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- I’ve jumped off one of the highest bridge bungees in the world.
- I drank my first Guiness while listening to Irish Folk music in Dublin.
- I’ve explored shipwrecks and seen some of the strangest animals whilst scuba diving 20m+ below the surface.
- I’ve ridden camels across the Sahara Desert in a sandstorm to a campsite in the middle of nowhere.
- I’ve volunteered with kids and contributed to animal conservation projects all over the world.
- I witnessed snowflakes falling for the first time in Poland.
- I’ve floated uncontrollably in the dead sea in Jordon.
- I achieved my dream of exploring Neuschwastein Castle in Germany – the inspiration behind the Disney’s fairytale castle.
- I’ve visited thousand year old ruins, tombs and temples in Egypt.
- I’ve been inside the Vatican City and admired Michaelangelo’s famous Sistine Chapel painting.
- I’ve galloped on Horseback through the lost city of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Jordan.
- I’ve visited famous places of historical significance, including Auschwitz (Jewish concentration / extermination camp) in Poland and Hitler’s Eagle Nest (mountaintop chalet) in Germany.
And much more!
The Start of Adventure Travel Pro
Particularly my love for Adventure Travel, Solo Travel and adrenaline-pumping experiences.
Through Adventure Travel Pro, I strive to share everything that I know, have learned and have experienced during my travels and help to empower you to step outside of our comfort zone and experience something new.
I’d love to inspire you to take a leap of faith and start a new journey or adventure to the unknown (even if only for a short period of time!)
In my opinion, everyone should experience the magic of travel at least once in their lives.
It empowers you to:
- Step outside of your comfort zone
- See the world from a different perspective
- Meet more like-minded people from all over the world
- Get out of your bubble and learn about other cultures
- Grow and develop into the person you truly want to be
- Reflect on your life and all the things you are most grateful for
- Do things that make you happy
- Be independent
- Be happy in your own company
So what are you waiting for?
Let me help you bring some more joy and adventure into your life.
Ready to Start Planning Your First Solo Trip?
If you're ready to organise your first solo trip overseas, but would like some help on how to get started, check out our FREE 5-Day Solo Travel Masterclass!
In this 5-day e-course, you'll be sent a sequence of emails containing short videos and resources sharing some of my tops tips about:
- Key Things to Keep in Mind Before Travelling Solo
- How to Stay Safe When Travelling on Your Own
- How to Meet New People
- Packing a Backpack to Save Space
- How to Budget for Your Trip
Click here to start the course today!
Popular Travel Articles
20+ Fun Things to do in Brisbane for Backpackers & Outdoor Enthusiasts
A hot spot for solo travellers and backpackers, there is a plethora of fun things to do in Brisbane and surrounds. Start planning your Brisbane trip today!
10 Best Things to do in the Blue Mountains in One Day
Planning a day trip to the Blue Mountains (NSW)? Here are our top tips on the best things to do in the Blue Mountains in ONE day!
5 Best Wineries in the Hunter Valley & Wine Tasting Tours
Wanting to plan a trip to the Hunter Valley, NSW? Here's our list of the best wineries and wine tasting tours that operate within the Hunter Valley.
P.S. Ask Me Anything!
Do you need help with your solo travel journey?
Or have some burning questions you’ve been wanting to ask?
Lucky for you, I love answering travel questions and helping people decide whether solo travel is right for them.
And remember, I am an actual person.
If you submit a question, you’re going to get a killer response (from yours truly).
I look forward to chatting soon 🙂