About Adventure Travel Pro
Given the widespread impact of COVID-19 on the Australian tourism & hospitality industry, over the next 6-12 months, Adventure Travel Pro will be partnering with local businesses to showcase adventure travel in Australia.
I hope to re-instill confidence for Australians to:
- Get out of the house and travel locally (“Travel here this year”)
- Try a new adventure / experience they haven’t done before
- Learn about local businesses that they can support and
- Inject fun & joy back into people’s lives following this tough time
Escape The Ordinary
To become one of Australia’s leading and most trusted Adventure Travel brands.
At Adventure Travel Pro, we strive to support sustainable travel and give back to the community through:
- Volunteer work and
- Partnering with local businesses who contribute positively to the environment and their community
From an early age, I had a natural passion for adventure, travel and living on the edge.
After taking a big leap in my early 20’s to quit my job and backpack around the world for a year, I knew my life would be changed forever.
Since then, I’ve been drawn to create Adventure Travel Pro – a place to share what I learned and help others live more adventurously through travel and new experiences.
You can read more about my personal journey below.
How it All Started
A few years ago, I was in a similar position to many of you.
I was working full-time in a “good” job, earning “good” money 💰 , but in a role and industry I had little passion for 👎🏽.
I’d sacrificed a lot to get to where I was, yet was continuously stressed, anxious and unhappy because of it.
From the outside, I looked successful 😃.
I looked as though I’d achieved everything I ever wanted:
✅ I graduated school with a high Enter/ATAR score that landed me within the top 5% of all students in the state.
✅ I graduated from Uni and was offered a graduate position with a global company
✅ Within my first 18 months, I was promoted, bypassing the second year of the graduate program
✅ I was on an $100K package at 23 years old
✅ By 24, I had almost saved enough money to put a deposit on a house
Here’s what they didn’t see:
❌ I was a HUGE people pleaser and struggled to say no / set boundaries
❌ My job was becoming my life
❌ My anxiety and chronic stress were through the roof
❌ I had low self-worth and diminishing confidence
❌ I was either single or in toxic relationships (if you can even call them that)
❌ I felt like I had to maintain a “go, go, go” lifestyle which often led to burnout
❌ My perfectionism was getting worse – no matter what I did or how good I was I never felt good enough
❌ I cared more about what other people thought of me, than what I thought of me.
❌ I felt like I’d become a shell of my true identity
❌ I felt conflicted because my career and money wasn’t giving me the fulfilment that I thought it would
I’d commute to and from work, observing all the other “worker-bees”, living a similar life to me.
- Wake up
- Spend 8+ hours a day at a job that you don’t enjoy, but that pays the bills
- Get home
- Cook dinner
- Netflix & chill
- Sleep & Repeat
During this point of my career, I’d often find myself wondering:
🤔 Is this it? Is this really what the rest of my life is going to look like?
Feeling constantly stressed, overworked, unfulfilled, run-down and emotionally unbalanced?
Things that once gave me joy weren’t anymore and I lost motivation.
This pattern of living was no longer fulfilling me.
I felt stuck on a hamster wheel.
I could feel something inside me stirring, but didn’t know what to do about it.
Something critical had to change and I knew exactly what I needed to do.
I wanted more.
By this point, I knew that my next step was to either:
- 😇 Remain on the career path I had planned and buy a house (like every other “successful” person) OR
- 😈 Throw in the towel and go on one of the greatest adventures of my life
Well, you can probably guess which one I chose!
I decided to take a leap of faith and pursue my crave for adventure.
And although my decision was often questioned or not fully understood by those around me, for once in my life, I didn’t care.
I was doing it for me.
Now don’t get me wrong…I sacrificed a lot to travel. But by god, it was worth every second.
It was also the right path for me at that time (I was also single and had nothing to lose) 😂.
Quitting your job to travel, may not be the right path for you right now… (Or maybe it is? 😉)
Either way, my mission is to show you that no matter the stage you’re at, you can always inject more joy into your life.
Whether it’s by stepping outside of your comfort zone, travelling or by simply living more adventurously each day.
Some Cool Things I've Done Throughout My Travel Journey!
- I’ve travelled solo through Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- I’ve jumped off one of the highest bridge bungees in the world.
- I drank my first Guiness whilst listening to Irish Folk music in Dublin.
- I’ve explored shipwrecks and seen some of the strangest animals whilst scubadiving 20m+ below the surface.
- I’ve ridden camels across the Sahara Desert in a sandstorm, to a campsite in the middle of nowhere.
- I’ve volunteered with kids and contributed to animal conservation projects all over the globe.
- I witnessed snowflakes falling for the first time in Poland.
- I’ve floated uncontrollably in the dead sea.
- I realised my dream of exploring Neuschwastein Castle – the inspiration behind the Disney’s fairytale castle.
- I’ve visited thousand year old ruins, tombs and temples in Egypt.
- I’ve been inside the Vatican City and admired Michaelangelo’s famous Sistine Chapel painting.
- I’ve galloped on Horseback through the lost city of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Jordan.
- I’ve visited famous places of historical significance, including Auschwitz (Jewish concentration / extermination camp) in Poland and Hitler’s Eagle Nest (mountaintop chalet) in Germany.
And much more!
The Start of Adventure Travel Pro
Despite my many years of travelling, you’d probably be surprised to learn that it was only recently that I decided to share my knowledge, experience and passion for travel with the world.
I never realised that travelling solo or being an adventurous adrenaline junkie like me was a big deal. It was always just part of my identity.
Yet here I am…
Through Adventure Travel Pro, I strive to share everything that I know, have learned and have experienced during my travels.
I hope to empower you to step outside of our comfort zone and experience something new.
To take a leap of a lifetime and take yourself on a new journey and adventure to the unknown.
Even if only for a short period of time!
In my opinion, everyone should experience the magic of travel at least once in their lives.
Adventure travel empowers you to:
- step outside of your comfort zone
- see the world from a different perspective
- meet more like-minded people from all over the world
- get out of your bubble and learn about other cultures
- grow and develop into the person you truly want to be
- reflect on your life and all the things you are most grateful for
- do things that make you happy
- be independent
- be happy in your own company
So what are you waiting for?
Let’s bring more joy and adventure into your life.
Popular Travel Articles
Bring extra joy to your holiday with these top things to do in Perth for animal and nature-lovers. Click here to read more.
Planning a road-trip around Western Australia? Here are our top tips and recommendations for travellers when camping in Western Australia. Read more here.
Planning a trip to Coral Bay, Western Australia? Before you go, ensure to check out our 7 best things to do at Coral Bay. Click here to read more.
P.S. Ask Me Anything!
Do you need help with your solo travel journey?
Or have some burning questions you’ve been wanting to ask?
Lucky for you, I love answering travel questions and helping people decide whether solo travel is right for them.
And remember, I am an actual person.
If you submit a question, you’re going to get a killer response (from yours truly).
I look forward to chatting soon 🙂