WELCOME TO NAMIBIA!
Given that it is still relatively unknown to the public, I believe it is one of the world’s hidden travel gems.
The richness of their culture & local tribes is beautiful, it’s relatively safe and tourist friendly, and the scenery and landscapes are breath taking.
There’s also many adventurous things you can see and do in it’s capital, Windhoek, depending on your interests.
Compared to Australia, the cost of living is cheaper so you can travel more for less (40-60% lower)
- Spot wildlife in Etosha National Park
- See centuries old tribal engravings at Twyfelfontein
- Drive through the Namib-Naukluft National park with its remrkable red sand dunes
- Hike to the top of Dune 45 in the Namib Desert
- See the spectacular Sossuvlei & Deadvlei salt flats & trees
- Admire the incredible rock formations of Spitzkoppe
- Visit the local tribes and learn about their culture
- Canoe down Orange River
- Watch the sun set at Fish River Canyon
- Visit the adventure capital, Swakupmond
Average temp: 13 – 14°C
Throughout the country they have good infrastruture including sealed roads (in highly travelled areas) and well-maintained gravel and even salt roads (in more remote locations).
I personally opted to do a group tour through Namibia. That way I didn’t have to worry about how I got safely from A to B.
The best options in the cities:
- Walking (within the main towns)
- Hire a Bicycle
- Join a group tour / day trip and let them do the driving
- Hire a car & drive with a buddy
- Local Flights between the main cities
- Wildlife Safaris / Game Drives
- Sandboarding / Sand-surfing
- Kite Surfing
- Abseiling & Rock Climbing
- Horse Riding
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Quad Biking
- Sky Diving
- Cost of Living 80% 80%
- Safety 80% 80%
- Landscapes & Scenery 100% 100%
- Tourist Attractions & Things to Do 90% 90%
- Adventure Rating 100% 100%
Disclaimer: Always check the smartraveller.gov.au website (or related) before travelling overseas, for their latest safety updates, advice and recommendations.
If you're planning to travel to Namibia, your trip won't be complete until you visit one of these local Namibia Tribes.
Planning to travel to Namibia? Amazing! Here's 10 top places to visit in Namibia, Africa to make your journey even better!
MY TOP 3 RECOMMENDED GEAR FOR NAMIBIA
Sunscreen 30+ SPF
You’ll want to ensure you’re protected from sunburn with the right sunscreen.
This will prevent you from getting dehydrated or worse, heat stroke. (Affiliate Link)
This sand can get excrutiatingly hot, and will burn and sting your feet if unprotected.
Amazing! Ensure to check out our Solo Travel page that is loaded with important advice & tips to know before you go.
They will help you to prepare for the journey and overcome any personal obstacles you experience during your trip.
Finding the right gear for your trip can be overwhelming and expensive – especially if you don’t know where to start.
On our Travel Gear page, I list my favourite travel gear and accessories to help you narrow down the field, save money and buy quality gear at reasonable prices.
There’s no doubt that planning and booking your trip is the most exciting part for any new adventure.
Here I outline 20 steps that you need to know in order to plan and book a successful trip & have fun whilst doing it.