*We independently evaluate all recommended products and services, and may earn a commission from purchases made after clicking links on this site. Learn more
Ready to read some motivating and inspiring adventure travel quotes?
In this article, I’ll be sharing some of the best quotes about travel and adventure that I discovered all over the internet!
Adventure travel quotes can help you to look back and reminisce about your journey, as well as build excitement for all the places you’re yet to go.
Feed your soul with some of these awesome quotes.
To make it easier for you to find personally relevant quotes, I have broken them down into categories related to parts of the journey.
85 Epic Adventure Travel Quotes For Adventure Seekers
1) Adventure Travel Quotes for Newbies
The adventure travel quotes under this section will help to inspire and motivate you to take the leap, and also prepare for the new journey ahead.
If you’re feeling a bit scared or anxious about travelling for the first time, ensure to give these babies a read.
When I decided to go backpacking around the world solo for a year, I was terrified of the unknown.
I was walking (or shall we say flying) into a whole new unknown territory.
Each day I would remind myself of my strength and ability to do the trip. I hope that these quotes will help you do the same.
1) There’s no greater feeling than when you decide to finally take charge of your life and do something that you know will make you happy, regardless of what others may think.
For me, that was quitting my full time job to go backpacking around the world. It was the most empowering thing I ever did and it changed who I was as a person forever.
It also allowed me to step outside of my comfort zone bubble and discover my true self and my place in the world.” – Ashleigh Page (Adventure Travel Pro)
2) “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.”
3) “If thinking about it makes you excited, imagine actually doing it!”
4) If you are unhappy with it, stop doing it. If you are dreaming about it, do it!”
5) “A wish doesn’t change anything. A decision changes everything!”
6) “If not now, then when?”
7) “The real adventure begins with a YES!”
8) “It’s never too late to have a life you love. Don’t ever feel like you’ve missed the boat, don’t have what it takes or can’t achieve your dreams. Instead of removing your dreams, remove the doubts and fears keeping you from them. It’s never, ever too late.”
9) “All adventures, all memories and all travels start with a blank page!”
10) “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make!”
View this post on Instagram
11) “When a thing beckons you to explore it without telling you why or how, this is not a red herring; it’s a map.” – Gina Greenlee
12) “One thing everybody has is time. It is up to you how you use it!”
13) “Do more of what makes you happy.”
14) “Add life to your days, not days to your life. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
15) “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
16) “Run towards adventure and not away from it!”
17) “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.”
18) “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain!” – Jack Kerouac
19) “If you do not climb the mountain, how are you planning to enjoy the view?!” – Bear Grylls
20) “Life is full of surprises: new opportunities come up; that’s part of the fun – the adventure of life. The thing is, chaos doesn’t allow us to enjoy the adventure.”
21) “To have an adventurous life, we have to lose the fear of failing!”
22) “The secret to overcoming fear is to feel the fear and do it anyway.”
23) “To live would be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan
24) “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
25) “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
26) “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” – Holly Morris
27) “The potential for adventure makes life worth living.”
28) “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ― Mark Twain
2) Adventure Travel Quotes for Regular Travellers
These adventure travel quotes are great for reminding you of your journey and all the amazing memories and learnings you’ve had.
Travel isn’t just about visiting a new travel destination. It involves a MASSIVE personal development journey, the chance to meet new people and also see the world through an entirely different lens.
The travel journey can also be up and down, with some of the most incredible life moments, as well as some of the worst.
Here are some adventure travel quotes that regular travellers will relate to. I know I did!
1) Once you spend time travelling the world, you change. Your values change and it can make it impossible to slot back into your old life.
Things that once made you happy don’t anymore (eg. material objects and money) and you can feel distant from some of your closest friends. Unless they have travelled too, they will never understand the growth journey you’ve just been through.
Travel is full of many ups and downs, but I think the greatest reward was that I found myself again, after feeling lost for a very long time.” – Ashleigh Page (Adventure Travel Pro)
2) “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
3) “Wanderlust: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.”
4) Travel means learning. Travel means making mistakes. Travel means growing.
5) “I love adventures. They make me realize how tiny I and my problems are.”
6) “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
7) “Collect adventures, not things!”
8) “The goal of my life is to tie adventure to my feet, stock memories in my pocket, hold imagination in my palms like fairy dust and sprinkle it on my tales.” – Mitali Meelan
9) “Tourists visit. Travellers explore.”
10) “Life is meant for spectacular adventures. Let your feet wander, your eyes marvel, and your soul ignite.”
11) “Don’t travel just to see. Travel to try, listen, feel, taste. That way there won’t be any place you cannot find beauty.”
12) “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
13) “Travelling — it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
14) “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
15) “Some beautiful paths cannot be discovered without getting lost.”
16) “Travitude: when you start to feel grumpy and sassy cause you haven’t traveled in a while.”
17) “The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.” ― Rich Ridgeway
18) “Travelling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’ – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
19) “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
20) “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
21) “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
22) “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
23) “You develop a sympathy for all human beings when you travel a lot.” – Shakuntala Devi
24) “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.”
25) “What is life but one grand adventure!”
3) Adventure Travel Quotes for Solo Travellers
Solo travel can be daunting. Especially when you’ve never done it before.
The idea of landing in a foreign country with no one to count on other than yourself can be quite intimidating.
Here’s a list of adventure travel quotes that are great for solo travellers who need that extra boost of confidence or motivation.
1) “Travelling solo will be one of the greatest self love journeys you ever have. You learn the power of rest, the power of trusting and relying on yourself and the power of making selfish decisions based on what makes you happy and how you want to spend your time.
You also get to witness beauty that trumps anything you’ve ever seen before and embrace the person you want to be, without judgement or pressure from others around you. Travelling solo is truly a blessing.” – Ashleigh Page (Adventure Travel Pro)
2) “Travelling solo opens your eyes. Every day you are tested, whether it’s putting yourself out there to meet new people, not speaking the local language, being comfortable in your own company, or even just ensuring you don’t miss your flight.
No matter the challenge, it’s all an incredible adventure.” – Ashleigh Page (Adventure Travel Pro)
3) “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
4) “If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.” – Maxwell Maltz
5) “When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
6) “Loving life is easy when you are abroad. Where no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands all alone, you are more master of yourself than at any other time.” – Hannah Arendt
7) “NOT I – NOT ANYONE else, can travel that road for you, You must travel it for yourself.” – Walt Whitman
8) “Girls do not wait for their prince anymore. They grab their backpack and go!”
9) “A person does not grow from the ground like a vine or a tree, one is not part of a plot of land. Mankind has legs so it can wander.” ― Roman Payne, The Wanderess
10) “The woman following the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.”
11) “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
12) “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” – Lalah Delia
13) “I am never happier than when I am alone in a foreign city; it is as if I had become invisible.” – Storm Jameson
14) “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” — John Mayer
15) “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.”
16) “It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”
4) Adventure Travel Quotes for Adrenaline Junkies
1) “Man, I just love that adrenaline feeling you get before doing something extreme. Whether it’s standing on the ledge of a bungy or a plane moments before you jump, pressing down the throttle in a V8 race car, or plunging 20m deep in the ocean to scuba dive.
There’s nothing more liberating than rebelling against your own fearful head voice telling you not to jump, and doing it anyway. One of my favourite quotes is to “feel the fear and do it anyway” and I live by this quote in every day.” – Ashleigh Page (Adventure Travel Pro)
2) “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
3) “Go where you feel most alive!”
4) “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute your experience!
5) “Life is an adventure and that is best lived boldly.”
6) The biggest addiction a person can have is discovering the unknown. Once it takes hold, there is no getting out and the only way to get your fix is by pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and exploring new horizons, cultural, and places. – Stephen from A Backpacker’s Tale
7) “I’m one of these people that likes adventure and new things, like extreme sports. It makes me feel alive” – Gisele Bundchen
8) “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.” – Hunter S. Thomson
9) “Fear doesn’t shut you down. It wakes you up.” – Divergent
10) “It’s ironic how you feel most alive when your heart skips a few beats.”
11) “If it’s both terrifying and amazing, then you should definitely pursue it.” – Erada Svetlana
12) “I miss touring. I miss seeing people on the road. I miss that adrenaline rush; there’s nothing like it.” – Kevin Jonas
13) “What is life without a little risk?”
14) “I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute, and I’m just fine with that.” – Steve Irwin
15) “I think I have an adrenaline addiction, no question about that” – Tom Waits
16) “If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.”
So, there you have it! 85 epically inspiring and relatable adventure travel quotes. I hope that they have helped you to get excited about your next travel journey!
If you’d like to start planning your next trip, ensure to check out our step by step guide below: